Total Hits

Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 18, 2012

SoyJoy Soy Bars : A Review!

I was super excited to get my Influenster Spring Beauty VoxBox in the mail this week! You all know I love testing out the great products Influenster puts in their voxboxes! The voxbox was filled with goodies and one of them just so happened to be a SoyJoy bar.

Now last time around when I recieved the Larabar in my Holiday Voxbox I was crazy about it. It was the best healthy snack I may have had in a long time! So I was excited to see if the SoyJoy bar would measure up as well.

I actually tried SoyJoy a long time ago...high school maybe. I bought one on a whim just kinda trying out things in the organic foods section of my local Kroger. I remember being kinda pleased with it however I never bought SoyJoy again.
Time passed and now here I am tasting a SoyJoy bar again after all these years.

The packaging looks the same as I remember. I got the Strawberry flavor in my voxbox. Upon opening it I could smell the strong smell of strawberries and upon smelling I have to say it smelled wonderful.



After giving it a taste I was kind of stuck in a rut. The flavor of the bar was not like the smell at all. The smell was a distinct, sweet, strawberry flavor. The taste was very mild. I can barely taste a strawberry flavor at all. The taste was not bad...don't get me wrong. It had a quite pleasing taste but it just lacked that "strawberry" flavor for me. I was kind of expecting it to taste more like the way it smelled. The texture was far different from most healthy bars. The Larabar had a soft and more chewy texture. It also tasted more moist. The SoyJoy bar had more of a dry, and not quite so moist flavor. Not very chewy either. When you look at it you would think the bar had a chewy texture but it's quite the opposite.

It does not leave any kind of bad taste in your mouth after eating. Kinda more of a taste like you just ate a cookie or a muffin.

So here is what I do like about the SoyJoy bar. I like that they have a variety of flavors. That they are all natural. They are made with real fruit. I like the fact they do not leave a bad aftertaste. I also like the packaging, it's very appealing. At about $1.19 a bar the price is good as well.

The cons for me are, a lack of fruity flavor and sweetness. I would love to taste the tang of the strawberries and a little bit of sweetness. I would also like a moist and chewy texture. Really it just comes down to a more fruity flavor for me.

So I would rate this product a C. It's not really my favorite nutrition bar. I would prefer a Larabar or a Lunabar anyday. However I could possibly see myself trying this out again. Just to give it a go and see if it's still how I remember it. It just lacks that wow factor for me. If there was a batter texture and fruitier taste I could definitely see myself repurchasing this.

Here is more info on SoyJoy bars if you are interested! Thank you to Influenster for providing this for me to try in my voxbox!

Stay tuned for more reviews!

SOYJOY is:

-All natural and gluten free
-Made with real fruit and ground whole soybeans
-130 - 140 calories, 2 - 4 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of protein
-Completely free of trans fats, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
-Made with non-GMO soybeans
-Available in 7 great flavors: Apple Walnut, Banana, Berry, Blueberry, Mango Coconut, Pineapple, and Strawberry


Where to Buy


Online at our e-store on our website, Amazon, Drugstore.com
Major stores that currently carry an assortment of SOYJOY bars are A&P, Albertsons, BiLo, Duane Reade, Giant Eagle, Giant Landover, Hannaford, HyVee, Kmart, Kroger, Sprout's, Publix, Safeway, Stop n Shop, SuperValu, ShopRite, Winn Dixie

Suggested retail price is $0.99 - $1.29

1 comment: