Total Hits

Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Do It Yourself: Clarifying Green Tea Scrub & Yard Sale Update!!!

Hello to everyone! Thanks for reading!
So my last Do It Yourself post was quite a hit. I had many people comment on it here as well as on my Facebook. So I wanted to share another one of my favorite DIY tips. I am a big DIY girl if you can't already tell! Most importantly many natural foods and such are much better for using on your skin then products in the store! They have no harsh chemicals, no artificial ingredients, and you can make them in bulk and it's so much cheaper!

So as some of you may know from watching my channel I have very sensitive and acne prone skin. It's also quite dry in certain areas and also oily in others. I have to use acne cleansing products for the most part but I do have several recipes I also use for taking care of my skin. Especially when it comes to exfoliating.

So lets get started and I will show you all one of my favorite scrubs! You can use this on any skin type but it is especially helpful with sensitive or acne prone skin.

To start off you will need to get a small bowl to mix items in, as well as a small container to store any left over product for future use. You will also need a tea kettle, green tea either loose or bagged, and a small amount of honey. As well as a small amount of plain white sugar.

Start by brewing a cup of green tea. Make sure to let the tea cool down fully before using and mixing in the bowl. You can store it in the fridge for an hour or so and it should cool down nicely.


Once your tea is cool you can strain it if you had loose green tea or you can simply leave the tea bits in the scrub. It doesn't make a difference either way!

Next pour your green tea into a small mixing bowl. Take your honey and pour about a tablespoon of honey into the tea.Any kind of honey will do.


Now take your plain white sugar and pour about a cup into the green tea. Mix. The tea and sugar should thicken up. However if it is still runny pour more sugar in until the tea becomes thick, like a scrub or mask. It should not be very drippy.


After mixing I like to let the mixture sit in the fridge for about 30 mins to cool. The scrub feels great after a hot day outside when it's nice and cool from being in the fridge.

You can use this scrub once or twice a week. The green tea is full of antioxidants. It helps clarify skin and treats redness and swelling. It helps with creating a more glowy skin color as well. The honey in the scrub is excellent for acne. It not only is a natural antiseptic that kills bacteria but also rejuvenates skin and can take the redness from acne and tone it down. Lastly the sugar serves as a natural scrubbing bead to exfoliate dead skin cells and make skin soft and clean!

This is one of my all time favorite face scrubs to use. It's natural, never makes me breakout, and it's easy to store. Simply put the rest of the product in an airtight container and store in the fridge for further use. The mixture should last about 2 weeks in the fridge.

Now....as for our yard sale day today. It started out being a rough morning. As soon as I woke up it was thundering and then raining something awful. It was a pretty bad storm. However it did clear up and I ended up having my sale in the garage. Profits were small but decent. I sold many things I didn't need and I got a little extra money in my pocket. So all was well!

If you have any DIY ideas you would like to request please email me at lilmssusieq02@yahoo.com! Or message me on my blog!

Also please bookmark my blog and add my channel and Facebook in the bottom of the previous entry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment